Aso Cabinet E-mail Magazine Inaugural Preparatory Issue (October 2, 2008) ================================================================
"Be Strong and Bright."
Hello, this is Taro Aso wishing you well.
On September 24, 2008, I assumed the office of Prime Minister of the 92nd Cabinet of Japan. I am very much looking forward to communicating with the readers of the e-mail magazine.
The grave responsibility of the premiership has fallen upon my shoulders, and I feel its weight keenly In particular, I have taken sternly to heart the fact that we are in the midst of a crisis encompassing the people's anxieties about the economy, as well as their daily lives and the future, and moreover, their dissatisfaction with politics that have failed to assuage these anxieties.
I believe my mission is nothing less than to revive Japan, making it once again a strong and bright nation.
To rebuild the Japanese economy and to increase the prosperity of the people are issues of utmost urgency. I will immediately take measures to revive business activity and to cope with rising prices. The Japanese economy needs three years for a full recovery; in three years, Japan must break out of its mold.
I believe in the latent power of Japan.
We are a hard-working people with technological prowess. The Japanese economy has boldly met countless severe challenges, and each time it has emerged stronger. There is absolutely no reason to be pessimistic.
I will devote myself to ensuring politics that do not shy away from the tasks at hand but instead carry them out responsibly. I am determined to build a strong and bright nation -- a nation of which we, the people of Japan, can feel proud.
Over the past year, I have toured 161 locations around the country in order to listen directly to what the people in the regions have to say.
This e-mail magazine is not just to express my ideas; it also provides an opportunity to listen to your views, so that I can reflect them in the conduct of the affairs of state.
I hope each and every one of you will think of yourselves as members of the Aso Cabinet, and share with me your frank opinions. Together, let us energize Japan.
* Policy Speech by Prime Minister Taro Aso to the 170th Session
of the Diet
* Profile of the Prime Minister
- MEGUMI(Japanese animation) - French
- MEGUMI(Japanese animation) - German
- MEGUMI(Japanese animation) - Spanish
- MEGUMI(Japanese animation) - Italian
- MEGUMI(Japanese animation) - Russian
- Nurturing Human Resources to Steer the Future - Asian Youth
* Please click below to open "Japanese Government Internet TV" in English.
- Decision on Senior Vice-Ministers and Parliamentary Secretaries (September 29, 2008) and others
* Please click below to open the online magazine
"Highlighting JAPAN," which introduces the main policies of
the Japanese Government, as well as Japan's arts, culture,
science and technology, among other topics.
- Reader's Comment on the e-mail magazine is available only to the subscribers.
- Click below to make comments on administration of Japan
|Subscription||Back to the Top of the Aso Cabinet E-mail Magazine|